Student Vacation/Trip Policy
The Elk Lake School Board approved a policy regarding student absences due to family vacations. The policy allows for parents to take their children out of school for a maximum of ten (10) school days per school year. The days absent will be recorded as excused absences if the following conditions are met prior to the absences.
- Call and/or meet with building level principal to notify the district of the intended absences.
- The parent must receive and sign a vacation policy form.
- The student must contact each of his/her teachers and document the needed assignments on the vacation policy form.
- After the parent and student complete the vacation policy form, the form must be signed by the building level principal. A copy will be given to the attendance officers and parent/student.
- A separate form must be completed for each child going on vacation.
- The vacation policy form must be completed prior to the vacation absence in order for the absence to be deemed excused.
- The vacationing student is required to submit his/her completed assignments within five school days after re-entrance to school. Teachers will then evaluate and grade the work so that the student will be given proper credit for his/her efforts.
If parents/guardians have any questions regarding this policy please contact the child’s building level principal. Forms are available for download from the schools website under “Forms & Documents”